Yovo Yovo

*2006*11 months in the US. Back to real jobs and responsibilities, but still no real clue about what I was doing...except that I loved a man thousands of miles away and wanted to marry him. *2005*12 months in Africa. No real job, no real responsibilities, no real clue about what I was doing. Just living life as a Yovo in an African world, enjoying the experiences I was given, and learning many things about this enormous world, the beautiful people in it, my unknown self, and my very real God.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Some of you have asked for a mailing address for me, and I finally have one to give you.

Terry Sullivan
Attn. Chrischona Gibson
BP 72
Azove, Benin

I have no idea how long mail takes, but give it a try and I'll let you know how long it takes your letter. Some of you have also asked about packages. Yes, you can mail packages, although there is never a guarantee they will get here. Thora said they've sometimes received packages in two weeks, sometimes two months, a few times even 8 months, and sometimes they've never arrived. I will warn you that I when I looked up postage from the US to Benin for packages, that it was quite expensive...so you might want to check that out first. For those of you who have asked about specific things to send, I'll give it some thought. Of course, letters and pictures. Other than that, I think now that I'm starting to live on my own, I'll start being aware of things I miss. I can think of one think now, salad dressing mixes (the dry packages) and spice packages. Besides salt and hot peppers there aren't other spices/ seasoning available here (maybe in Cotonou, but not in Azove). (And please, this is only for those of you who asked...no one needs to send anything).

Also, if you e-mail me, send your e-mails to ajatobe@usermail.com (instead of my yahoo address). Just put my name in the subject line. Thora is letting me use her e-mail account (and it usually gets checked weekly). There will be times when they're gone for a few weeks at a time. Then I'll try to let you know to send it to yahoo for a little while. (And if you sent me e-mails in the last 3 weeks, please resend them to this new address (if you still have a copy. If not, I'll eventually get them at the cyber cafe, but that could be awhile. Note, the cyber cafe has no coffee or any beverage for that matter. It's a very small room with maybe 8 or 10 computers all crammed close together on tables).

Thanks in advance for any mail that comes my way!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home