Yovo Yovo

*2006*11 months in the US. Back to real jobs and responsibilities, but still no real clue about what I was doing...except that I loved a man thousands of miles away and wanted to marry him. *2005*12 months in Africa. No real job, no real responsibilities, no real clue about what I was doing. Just living life as a Yovo in an African world, enjoying the experiences I was given, and learning many things about this enormous world, the beautiful people in it, my unknown self, and my very real God.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Still no visa

Today Koudjo went to the U.S. embassy again, hoping for the third time to receive his visa. Just as last week, they were told to come back next Tuesday. Supposedly, according to the guards, the machine is broken. For two weeks??? I have my doubts. The U.S. embassy in Togo is mammoth (surprising and probably unnecessary for such a tiny country) , brand new, expensive, everything state-of-the art (it was there that Koudjo had his first experience with automatic flushing of toilets and automatic dispensing of soap and water!!). Their visa machine breaks down for several weeks and no one can fix it??? Hard to believe! Patience is a virtue, one that I obviously haven't mastered yet! Koudjo, on the other hand, although frustrated by all this, focuses more on God's timing and control in all this. I know he's right. He's generally much more patient than I am and often gently reminds me to be patient with him as well. The little "have patience, have patience, don't be in such a hurry" song that one of my friends sings to her daughter comes to mind right now. Good reminder!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home